Change the world with UCL
Saturday Festival Hub
* Full programme details coming soon*
Explore the city around you, start an activist campaign and shape the future.
Discover hidden stories of gender and equality in the free exhibition Disrupters and Innovators directly under UCL’s iconic dome in the Octagon Gallery. From there, step into the cloisters and find out how ground-breaking research has transformed our lives – and how it can change the future.
Use cutting-edge technology to learn how to use the dark web, find out what robots know about humans, and track the electrical activity in your brain. Or come outside and join researchers to build a huge pavilion in front of UCL.
Play your part with our artists and activists, and try your hand at graffiti, make a banner or take part in an open choir and perform yourself. Live music, theatre performances and film screenings will pop-up throughout the day.
Don’t forget to record your stories of everyday activism and your plans to change the world for the Activists! project too.
PLUS: Join us for a walk around Bloomsbury to see London and UCL in a new light, and visit the incredible Grant Museum of Zoology, the Petrie Museum of Egyptian Archaeology and UCL Art Museum as well as the Bloomsbury Theatre nearby.
- Become a Guerrilla Urbanist and change the city!
- Watch Framewalks Dance step into a sea of sound
- Record your brains activity with a MUSE headband
- Join in Objects in Time immersive installation
- Get infected with a false disease and track its changes
- Hear Cities Stories at UCL speakers corner
- See how AI is learning to read your expressions
- Be inspired by The Choir with No Name
- Investig ate; do others see what you do?
- Millicent Fawcett’s legacy was the vote for women. What will yours be? Discuss…
- Build a flat pack pavilion with world leading researchers
- Plan to change the world in Activists!
- Sing Ethel Smythe’s March of the Women
FREE – just turn up
Drop in throughout the day – there’s something for everyone.
Recommended for ages 12+