A competition, for students in Fine Art, to create an artwork based on this year’s Bloomsbury Festival theme, Small Steps and Giant Leaps, as part of the Festival’s New Wave programme.
The winning artwork will be selected by a panel of experts and influential partners at the end of June, including the Duchess of Bedford, the Director of The Slade School of Art, the Director of Bloomsbury Festival, and representatives from The House of Illustration, and Camden Council’s Arts Development department.
THE WINNING ARTWORK AND PRIZE
- The winning artwork will be displayed at a solo exhibition throughout the Festival at Lumen URC, 88 Tavistock Place, WC1H 9RS, either within the café space or within the cone space (see images at end of brief). Bloomsbury Festival will contribute up to £100 towards the cost of the exhibition installation (including framing, printing). The exhibition will be listed in the Bloomsbury Festival brochure and online.
- The winner will receive a cash prize of £300, a weekend trip to Woburn Safari park and overnight stay in the Woburn Hotel, a free festival pass, and an invitation to an exclusive Festival opening reception
- A press release citing the winner of the competition will be sent to local and arts & design press, alongside a news feature on the Bloomsbury Festival website.
- Runners up will receive a free pass to festival events.
Applicants should be
- 18 years old or over
- Continuing degree level or higher students of Fine Art
The art work will represent
- Bloomsbury Festival
- The 2019 theme– Small Steps and Giant Leaps
SUBMITTING YOUR ENTRY
- Works on paper eligible only (including photography).
- Artwork proposals should be submitted as a hi-res pdf to:firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Monday 24 June 2018.
- Proposals will be accepted for work to be completed before October 2019. Winning proposal will require the final artworks to be submitted by Friday 4 October 2019 for exhibit from Friday 11 October to Sunday 20 October 2019.
- Please include images of work or mock ups
- When sending entries, please include your name, phone number, institution, course and year of study in your email
- The winner will be contacted by email in the first instance, to be followed by an online announcement
- By entering this competition, you are agreeing to have your name and details used in a press release and online
The Bloomsbury Festival 2019 Art Competition is supported by Boodle Hatfield LLP