2023 Discovery Hub: GROW
at Holborn Library, 32-38 Theobalds Road, WC1X 8PA
School visits for KS2 and KS3 Thursday 19 and Friday 20 October
Family Day Saturday 21 October
Book now to bring your class groups to a free exciting interactive exhibition targeted at ages 7 to 14 with displays, activities and exhibitions – the latest science discoveries and craft activities themed on GROW. Schools can book slots from 10am to 3pm on Thursday 19 and Friday 20 October. See further details below
Come along on Saturday 21 October. We have a quiet hour between 11am and 12 noon (email firstname.lastname@example.org if you want further information) and general opening 12 noon to 4pm.
See the Discovery Hub Flyer (.pdf) for details of this great opportunity. Learn more about some of the latest science discoveries – presented by Bloomsbury Festival in association with UCL, Moorfields Eye Hospital, Great Ormond St Hospital and other universities and institutions at the cutting edge!
SCHOOL GROUP RESERVATIONS
To reserve a place for your school group contact email@example.com
Reservation times are the same on both days, we may be able to offer additional half hour slots should reservations fill up. Each reservation interval will be for groups up to approximately 60 pupils (for example two class groups). We will not be limiting the exploration time for each group but advise to allow at least an hour to see all the stalls and activities.
Reservation times – Thursday 19 and Friday 20 October: 10am, 11am, 12 noon, 1:30pm
- We expect schools to organise one adult per six children, so that an adult can walk around with a small group of children.
- The library will be open and other members of the public will be present.
- We will have additional security on the library doors for the duration of the Discovery Hub.
- Holborn Library cannot offer lunch space to schools but advise that facilities might be found in local parks – especially at Coram’s Fields
- There is a bus drop off outside the main door of Holborn Library on Theobalds Road. There are also numerous bus routes and it is a few minutes walk from Holborn tube station.
- Holborn Library information: https://www.camden.gov.uk/holborn-library